Saturday, November 15, 2008

Deck the Halls with Boughs of...

We had so much fun tonight! Brittany, Cate and I went shopping in IF at the super Wal-mart for a Christmas tree for our apartment. (Cate is pretty much our live-in/adopted roommate) We found a 6 1/2 ft tall one for only $35, pre-lighted and everything, we were so excited! So we bought the tree and some ornaments and ribbon to go on it, grabbed some Christmas lights and went home to deck the halls! It took us forever, (and Dani was home, so she joined in the fun) but eventually we had the tree all decorated and the lights up around the railing (if you could see it up close, its VERY obvious that it was not done by any sort of boyscout, lol) and then our other roommates and some friends started showing up. So we pulled out the hot cocoa and had a regular Christmas get-together around the Christmas tree. It was so amazing, it felt almost like home!














It took us forever to do the railing! It's actually icicle lights and they got caught on everything! And then everytime Brit or Cate touched them whole sections would go out and we'd have to go through light by light until we found the one that needed tweaking. ;) Love you guys tho!


















Yeah...I kind of forgot I was afraid of heights, until I was standing up on a stool and my head brushed the ceiling! From then on Brit took the stool jobs, lol.

















We did close-ups at like 1AM, but Brit had already gone to bed cause she works at 6AM, so I put the picture of her by the tree instead. I love Christmas, Im so excited for the holidays!

7 comments:

Bri... only she said...

So cute!! but... go to bed! :D lol

Hey, you gotta check out the family blog and comment, comment, comment!

and dude... you owe me a phone call!

Love you!

Atkinsons in the Couv said...

I love your Christmas decorations! All the colored lights look great!

The Horrocks Family in Vancouver, Washington said...

ahh geeze... that looks like so much fun!!!! I miss your face a ton!!! Come home soon ok?

Paige's Pages said...

Kristi it so cute! I wish i could see it in person! I think you and I are too much alike in that we tend to do the most after midnight... oh well were night owls what can we say? :) Well see you soon! 4 days and counting..

Paige's Pages said...

oh also, do you think that your family would mind letting me read their blog? I would really enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Hey! What ever happened to people decorating for the holiday that comes BEFORE Christmas? You know, the one with all the turkey and food! :)

I do love the decorations, though! Even if they are a tad early! ;)

TheRealAzzy said...

Go to bed hedgehog!