Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blessings and Memories

As most of you know I wont be going home for Thanksgiving this year, and although I know I'll have a good holiday where ever I end up going the thought has made me extremely homesick. I can't really express how much. So instead of focusing on that, I am counting my blessings everyday as a countdown to turkey day :D It is a trick to come up with something new everyday when I've listed everything I can think of already. ;) So for Bri (she is not going to Vancouver either, this will be both of our first Thanksgivings away from home) and me, I am posting an old poem of mine. I hope my family knows I am there with them in spirit for the holiday! I love you all and hope I see you for Christmas!

Memoria

I ride home on the sun as she sinks beneath the mountains,
And I remember laughter.
My tears dissolve on her flames
And I remember song.
I feel her warmth envelope me
And I remember hope.

I ride home on the sun as she sinks beneath the mountains,
And watch the golden clouds play visions of the living.
My sorrow is drowned in her happiness
And I watch the rivers wink a fond farewell.
I let her light surround me
And watch as the world dissappears in shadow.

I ride home on the sun as she sinks beneath the mountains,
And hear the sighs of children as they are laid to sleep.
My cries are lost in the sound of her music
And I hear the earth say good-bye in the sound of cicada's.
I am filled with the peace of the evening
And I hear the stars shout good morning to the moon.

I ride home on the sun as she sinks beneath the mountains,
And I feel the release of drifting into sleep.
My pain is forgotten in the dreams she leaves behind us,
And I feel the full force of her joy in the night.
I walk into her world of sunshine and silence
And I feel it has all been a dream...

2 comments:

SingerGuy said...

Any chance you can catch a ride with someone heading to Utah County for the four-day weekend? We could get together the day after Thanksgiving for all of us Vancouver'ites here for the holidays. Dani and I could host an assigned pot luck meal. (We'll bring the leftover turkey.) :)

Bri... only she said...

Kristi... I LOVE that poem! I get more and more out of it EVERY time I read it! Grant said, (and I quote) "So, what planet is Kristi from?! That's ridiculous (meaning amazing in Grant-speech)".

That is quite a compliment. ;)

I miss you so much! I really want to spend Thanksgiving with you!!